Thursday 15 November 2012

DANCEHALL AND COLLABO MASTER SEAN PAUL SAYS HE'S DONE WITH HIS STYLE OF MUSIC

MOBO Best Reggae Award winner and Dancehall mega star Sean Paul says he's done with dancehall and reggae music, the very genres that have brought him fame, fortune and multiple awards. The Jamaican with a Grammy and over 10 million albums to his credit is currently touring India where he told a website: “I have reached a point where I don’t have to prove myself to anybody in dancehall or reggae music,” Sean Paul said. “I’m up there with the best of them, so right now I’m just expanding. I’m trying to bridge the gap, broaden my artistry.”
“I noticed that of late a lot of pop music has had dancehall influences, so I asked some big name producers like Stargate, Rico Love, DJ Ammo and Benny Blanco to make their interpretation of a dancehall beat.”

“I’ve always said two is better than one. Collaborating helps creative exchanges happen and helps take the tempo to a different level altogether,” Sean Paul said.
“I have however noticed that most of my biggest hits are with women artists – Blu Cantrell, BeyoncĂ©, Keyshia Cole, Alexis Jordan. So, it’s all about the chemistry and I am a lucky man. Collaboration is the best way to expand,” he added.
*What do you think of this dramatic announcement? Your comments are free, please post them right here...
*The Spy ALWAYS finds out and ALWAYS tells it like it is. Follow @africancelebspy on Twitter and like me on Facebook... Or else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spammers and inappropriate language, comment moderation has been enabled. Thanks for your kind cooperation.