Tuesday 24 April 2012

"Don Jazzy was afraid of change and my dreams" - D'Banj

First off, our earlier speculation about D'Banj and Don Jazzy reaching a deal was correct. This has been confirmed by D'Banj himself in an exclusive interview with Ayeni Adekunle in London on Saturday and just published a few hours ago.
 ‘You can see he has signed already’, he said, showing theagreement dated April 16 2012 with Don Jazzy’s signature.
I have full rights to my catalogue andfull ownership of my Koko Holdings, while he has full ownership of Mo’Hits,including the artistes and liabilities.’ He told the interviewer.
However, the Genesis to Revelation of the split boils down to the fact that D'banj the Entertainer had an overwhelming vision that will profit the entire African continent but Don Jazzy the producer whom he D'banj had ceded powers of "Don" to since 2007 was out of his comfort zone and afraid of change - all the changes that would eventually bring his dreams to reality. 
According to him although "Kanye did not want tochange anything about my music, my style of dressing, or my brand.... Jazzy was and is very scared. Something had worked for eight years,so he wanted to maintain the status quo. People are afraid to try new things.  Lasttime I saw him was on February 19 at Irving Plaza. He didn’t support the show,and he only came on stage when SID and Wande were performing".

The Koko Master further confirmed the veracity of the contents in the first leaked e-mails concerning automobiles he bought for both Jazzy and D'Prince although he maintained that the said e-mails were not the ones he signed. ‘Everything in those emails were facts. And I don’t eventhink the mails favoured me in any way. It’s not the exact mails that were sentand signed, but there were elements of truth in the mails that were published.’
Most importantly, it has emerged from the interview that the writing had long been on the wall for these two, hear him -"He said to me in July last year ‘Let’s scatter Mohits". Hetold me there are two captains – two captains cannot be in a ship. I was like‘that’s not possible, this is a marriage’. He said ‘then this marriage is nolonger working’. I said then let’s go for counselling; I asked, so what happensto our children?’"
Amazingly though there appears to be no hard feelings on his part, brushing aside Wande Coal's tweets about him and Dr Sid taking sides with Jazzy he revealed "We just had to move on. We’ll still work together in future,same with my boys. In fact, just this week, he sent me the remix to OliverTwist that we’re releasing in the UK on May 14".


1 comment:

  1. Every story get two sides. E get as e be jooor

    ReplyDelete

Due to spammers and inappropriate language, comment moderation has been enabled. Thanks for your kind cooperation.