Sunday 12 January 2014

"I've nothing against gays" - Evander Holyfield

After being booted off Big Brother on Friday for his anti-gay rant, boxing legend Evander Holyfield has changed his tune insisting he has "nothing against gay people" and that he regrets his remarks. The fifty-one year-old father of eleven children sparked outrage with
a homophobic rant in UK’s  Celebrity Big Brother when he claimed gays were not normal and should be "fixed". Gay sportsmen should not be open about their sexuality, he said.
Issuing an apology through the Daily Star Sunday, he now claims he would support a sporting star who came out.
In his first sit-down interview about the scandal, the former world heavyweight champion said: "I've always had the clear view that I have nothing against gay people. I've been boxing since I was 21 and no one has ever seen me gay bashing anybody. I am sorry to anybody that I offended.
"I wanted to express my views because I thought the point of the show was to share some of my life. The person can accept it or not. I wasn't trying to push it on someone.

"I was in a house with people I felt might be that way but I didn't say anything to them. I'm not mad. I don't think I'm going to catch it (being gay) because I'm around somebody, talking to somebody or being nice to somebody."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spammers and inappropriate language, comment moderation has been enabled. Thanks for your kind cooperation.